Friday, November 18, 2011

5th Anniversary!





So this post is going to be more about my hubby and our anniversary than baby news… but I couldn't help but share it. So today is our 5 year anniversary (crazy how fast time goes) and when I got home from work yesterday, Brad told me he had something he wanted to give me. He said he was going to wait until today to give it to me, had a whole plan worked out, but just couldn't wait. So in the cute way Brad is, he gives me this gift, wrapped so nicely (in christmas paper… in his defense that is all we had) with even the ribbon curled. I had not a clue what it could be because there wasn't anything I had asked for (or expected)… since we don't usually do much in the way of gifts for our anniversary.

So when I open it, it is an awesome wood jewelry box with a picture of Brad and the dogs on the top. Inside was a beautiful diamond heart necklace with the word "Mom" on it. I was pretty much speechless… I wasn't expecting anything and this was beyond sweet. On top of the gift itself, Brad told me that the "5 year anniversary gift" is something made of wood. (Hence the wood jewelry box). I had no clue, but he researched and found out! Wow, what a terrible wife I am… hehe! And as for the necklace, he said that they had matching necklaces that said "Daughter" on it. He said that we could go together and pick out a necklace to give our "coming soon" baby girl. I mean seriously… how sweet and adorable is that! I was so blown away! It just reminded me of how incredible of a husband I have… and how much he already loves his baby girl! (ok… I'm on the verge of crying right now… the tears are coming– darn pregnancy!)

Well I hope you guys enjoyed my little story… i couldn't help but share it and the pictures!

<3 betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment