Monday, May 7, 2012

Almost 2 months old… holy moly!

So I'm going to start by apologizing for the almost 2.5 month gap in my postings… but I've been just a little busy! For those of you who don't know (and don't follow me on facebook or instagram) little Sommer Elizabeth Kirsch joined our little family on March 12 at 10:46 am. She weighed 6lbs 15oz and was 21 inches long (she is obviously going to take after her father in height!) I had a 16 hour labor, but only 5 minutes of pushing… thank goodness! Sommer decided she wanted to try to come out face up, so the last 2 or so hours of labor were spent trying to get the little acrobat to flip around so she came out face down. Thanks to a wonderful nurse who knew some crazy positions, we were victorious and Sommer came out safe and healthy! I was in the hospital for 2.5 days, and although it was nice to have the constant help and support from all of the nurses, it was such a wonderful feeling to go home with our new bundle (and to see my dear pups) to start our life as a little family!















Well… dear Sommer is now 8 weeks old and as adorable as I could ever imagine her to be. From the very beginning I thought she was very advanced… holding her head up at 1 day old (although I'm just slightly biased being her mom and all). She is now starting to coo and make all kinds of fun baby noises. Her smiles are becoming more and more frequent… and she grabs ahold of our hearts more and more each day! I never thought I could love anyone or anything as much as I love this little girl! I never want to leave her and I wish I didn't have to miss a minute of her life! Unfortunately work is a necessity in order to keep food in all of our bellies and clothes on our backs. It was quite a transition at 6 weeks, but its been fairly smooth (thanks to Brad's parents who are our "daycare" – they actually come and pick her up in the morning and brad picks her up on his way home from work). The transition would have been much more difficult had I had to put her in the care of a stranger! Thank goodness for family members who live close by! Well I could ramble on and on about my adorable mini me, but how about I just share a ton of pictures… ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment