Thursday, October 22, 2009

9 weeks today!


It's hard to believe that I am already 1/4 of the way through my pregnancy… I can only imagine how quickly the end of May is actually going to come. That being said, the anxiety and stress of preparing for new baby Kirsch is starting to set it. It seems like there are so many things I need to have when the baby is born, where do you start? I did get a good suggestion from my good bud Cassie about buying a pack of diapers with each paycheck, to at least be prepared for the first month or two. All I know is that I want to be over prepared… because I know how stressed I will get otherwise. I am definately someone that likes to be prepared. 

To back track a little, I was looking at newborn diapers today online during my lunch break and holy cow, there a gazillion different kinds of diapers, even for newborns. I'm guessing, that I could research and all that stuff, but I bet they are all so much the same, that whatever i get would be just fine. If any of you have any suggestions or know from use what the little ones seem to like, PLEASE let me know! I also am debating on trying to use cloth diapers (the newer kind, not necessarily the old school type with the safety pins), at least once the little one is a couple months old. I have heard that it is such a money saver if you don't mind doing a little extra laundry (and dealing more closely with the dodo messes!).

I was doing the math today, and it looks like we will be able to find out the sex of the baby right around christmas time (either right before or right after!) I'm pretty excited… I just want it to be here already! What a great christmas/new years gift! At that time, MAYBE I will stop called IT Gizmo, and start calling it by its actual name. hehe (yep, Jon, I stuck with Gizmo… its kinda cute!) Then i can also start hitting up the thrift stores for baby and toddler clothes! Thats what I'm really looking forward to! That child is going to be more spoiled than he/she can even imagine! 

Alright… that was all to rant about today… Can't wait til May!


2 comments:

  1. Hey!! I was just reading your blog and I LOVE it!! I am kinda going 'baby crazy' as Justin calls it... lol. I have been looking into differant types of diapers for a while since my sister has used All In One cloth diapers for both her kids. She did it mainly to save money ( you can save up to $2000 for just one child - more if you plan to have more then on kid!). After I was looking into it I found out that there is a chemical that is used in disposable diapers that causes testicular cancer and infertility in men... That cant be good for a little boy who has a diaper on 24/7 for up to three years. Also, babies who are in disposable diapers tend to get quite a few diaper rashes, where as some babies will never get one with cloth diapers. I was totaly confused when it came to cloth diapers but after reading more about it they have so many cool options out there. There is a lady in Eau Claire that offers free informational classes on getting into cloth diapering - I would think there would have to be something like this down by you! Its always somthing to check out... Here is a link of the lady from Eau Claire who is really into them: www.punkerdoopsdiapers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloth diapers seem like a great idea, not only only good on your pocket but the environment as well!
    I used Target brand diapers for Aiden when he was younger, very reasonable in price! When Aiden got older, I switched to Luvs, best diapers ever compared to Huggies & Pampers!
    -Alissa

    ReplyDelete