Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BabyKirsch • 8.5 weeks old


I went in for what was supposed to be my first check-up since I found out I was pregnant, but it just so happened to actually be my second. My first was actually at 6.5 weeks, at which time they did my first ultrasound. I have to tell you… it was pretty incredible. When the doctor said, "There's a baby and a heartbeat!", I just about fell off the exam table. There are absolutely no words to describe what it feels like to know that a little human being is growing inside you! If you are someone that doesn't believe in the lord… this experience will be the turnaround point for you! How else can you describe the miracle a pregnancy! When the doctor actually showed me to little wee Kirsch that was inside of me… Wow! It actually looked like a person, even when it was only the size of a pea! Incredible! 

When I went in for my "first" check-up yesterday, I was really hoping they would do another ultrasound so I could see the progress of baby Kirsch, but I wasn't quite that lucky. They did poke me with lots of needles and take lots of my blood… so that was fun. I guess I will have to wait until around 20 weeks (which is just after christmas) to have my  next ultrasound (at least that's what I've heard). I guess i will just have to imagine the growing baby within until then! But the cool thing about that 20 week ultrasound is that is typically when they are able to determine – or attempt to determine – the sex of the baby. I left this decision up to the loving husband in the situation… Bradley… and he wants to know what the sex is. I was completely ok with this decision… as I secretly wanted to know myself. 

So enjoy the 6.5 week picture of baby Kirsch, and I will update you all with a new pic as soon as I get one!! Off to eat some more saltines and drink lots of water!! Tootaloo

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Exciting times! Thanks for sharing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you and Brad. What a blessing <3 Love you Cuz!

    ReplyDelete